Breakfast by the sea
- Served in The Sitooterie at the time you choose between 7.30am and 9am
- If you have special dietary requirements e.g vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, lactose free, macrobiotic, please let us know when making your booking.
- Healthy Living choices are the order of the day using the best of Fairtrade, organic, vegetarian and local produce wherever possible
- Our proper traditional Scottish porridge comes highly recommended and as-you-like-it with nutmeg, raisins, banana, blueberries and other fresh fruits in season: made with Scottish organic oats
- Fresh fruit is fairtrade or local and in season as far as possible
- Yoghourts from Yeo Valley, Graham’s and Rowan Glen including organic and low-fat varieties
- Scottish cheeses – some local, some organic including low-fat varieties
- Artisan local bread from Fencebay, organic wholemeal from Sainsbury’s
- Honey and local or homemade preserves
- Milk is organic from Mossgiel Farm, where Robert Burns worked with his brother and wrote his poems.
Fairtrade items include
- Tea, Coffee, Sugar
- Muesli, Granola
- Marmalade, Jam, Honey
- Fruit Juices
And as you eat, the Sitooterie Nature Watch Diary needs to be kept up to date: you might see a wren or a goldcrest in the cotoneaster, sparrows swaying on the pampas grass, goldfinches gorging on the dandelion seeds, some swans swimming slowly past, curlews calling to attract a mate, oyster catchers poking about in the seaweed, families of mallards with their tiny weightless young running on top of the water, mergansers ducking and diving, the blackbird taking food to its mate in the escalonia hedge.
Following our last stay we were so looking forward to coming back and can’t believe how much we felt like we were coming home. Thank you!
Merci pour ce cadre magnifique et votre gentilleux.
Es war sehr schön, vielen Dank für alles
Had a lovely weekend. Thanks very much for looking after us so well. Your house is lovely and we loved the fairtrade organic ethos.