Ferry Row B&B has a Green Tourism Gold award and we are committed to working in a sustainable way to provide a safe, healthy and comfortable place for all who come here. We invite guests to help us in our efforts to save energy, reduce waste and recycle and to minimise the impact we have on the local and global environment.
Here’s just some of what we are doing so far:
- Serving fairtrade, organic and local produce
- Reducing pollution by using eco-friendly cleaning products
- Eliminating food waste by composting and vermiculture
- Making jam from wild and garden fruits – with fairtrade sugar
- Providing lifts for guests using public transport
- Maximising energy efficiency in heating and lighting
- Supporting national and international movements working on sustainability and environment protection, climate change, human and animal welfare
“After spending most of my working life in overseas aid and development, I enjoy being able to give continuing support in my retirement: every year a percentage of the profits from Ferry Row B&B is donated to Traidcraft Exchange and Practical Action.” Ailsa (owner)
Following our last stay we were so looking forward to coming back and can’t believe how much we felt like we were coming home. Thank you!
Merci pour ce cadre magnifique et votre gentilleux.
Fabulous stay in beautiful surroundings. Thank you so much for a home from home!.
Had a lovely weekend. Thanks very much for looking after us so well. Your house is lovely and we loved the fairtrade organic ethos.