Breakfast by the sea
- Served in The Sitooterie at the time you choose between 7.30am and 9am
- If you have special dietary requirements, e.g. vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, macrobiotic please let us know when you book your room
- Our proper traditional Scottish porridge comes highly recommended and ʻas-you-like-itʼ with nutmeg, raisins, banana, blueberries and other fresh fruits in season: made with Scottish organic oats
- Healthy Living choices are the order of the day using the best of Fairtrade, organic, vegetarian and local produce wherever possible
- Fresh fruit is fairtrade or local and in season as far as possible
- Yoghourts – from Yeo Valley, Grahamʼs and Rowan Glen including organic and low-fat varieties
- Scottish cheeses – some local, some organic including low-fat varieties
- Artisan local bread from Fencebay, organic wholemeal from Sainsbury’s
- Honey and local or homemade preserves
- Milk is always Scottish organic semi-skimmed
- Muesli – 3 varieties
- Honey – jam – marmalade
- Fruit Juices
- Tea – Coffee – Sugar
And as you eat, the ʻSitooterie Nature Watch Diaryʼ needs to be kept up to date: you might see a goldcrest in the cotoneaster, sparrows swaying on the pampas grass, some swans swimming slowly past, curlews wading at the waterʼs edge, oyster catchers poking about amongst the seaweed, families of mallards with their tiny weightless young running on top of the water, mergansers ducking and diving, the blackbird taking food to its mate in the escalonia hedge.
It all depends on time and tide, but early birds at breakfast catch the exceptional:
a ʻmurmurationʼ of jackdaws,
a young roe deer,
a seal enjoying its own breakfast,
a heron standing stock still in the shallows.
Breakfast at Ferry Row provides food for body and soul!
Following our last stay we were so looking forward to coming back and can’t believe how much we felt like we were coming home. Thank you!
Merci pour ce cadre magnifique et votre gentilleux.
Fabulous stay in beautiful surroundings. Thank you so much for a home from home!
Had a lovely weekend. Thanks very much for looking after us so well. Your house is lovely and we loved the fairtrade organic ethos.